View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
sorry to pop the ole bubble there!
there is a HUGE difference between trying to be the Best Person Who Ever Lived - and - just being the best you that you can on any given day.

back to bird watching.....notice they don't have therapists, or self help books. notice they don't try to a dog or a cat or a rhino? what do birds DO? BE BIRDS. and that's it.

or take slugs as an example. really kinda gross slimy creature which doesn't even seem to HAVE a real purpose except to be slimy and ruin everyone's strawberries. but day in, day out, what do THEY do? Be Slugs.

keep it simple. stay in today. don't go jumping out of trees without wings and stay out of my strawberries! just be you........
"keep it simple. stay in today. don't go jumping out of trees without wings and stay out of my strawberries! just be you........"

Now I'm all kinds of confused by that last piece but I think I get the gist of what your saying. Birds and slugs however dont have the ability to over analyse, catastrophise or try to heal themselves from codependency. I will try and keep it simple though. Going to put books down for a bit.