View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Aliceiw

Good Morning everyone. Seems things are positive and looking up all around with you all. That's good.

I'm still struggling with my depression, but I've decided to look into some things that might make me feel better. A lot of my depression comes because of the past trauma of having been in a 27 year abusive relationship with my ex husband. The abuse was mental and emotional to start, financial throughout the course of the relationship (I wasn't allowed to have my own bank account despite working full time the whole time, all financial records and transactions were kept from me. If I needed money, I had to ask my ex for it and he, only sometimes, reluctantly gave it to me. The abuse progressed as the marriage came to an end and became physical as well. I was often covered with bruises. The worst thing he did to me was shove me down to the floor so hard that I fell on my elbow and dislocated it. Rather than call an ambulance, he had me hold my disattached arm on my lap as he drove me to the hospital. It was insane trying to get it back in, but I was lucky in that nothing was broken, The doctors told me that about 95 percent of people who dislocate their elbows break their forearms as well.

I'm realising that even though I've attempted to make a clean break from him, the trauma of the past affects me and drags me down in a lot of ways. So I've contacted a therapist. Hopefully I'll be able to get counseling to teach me how to leave the past behind.

I'm also going to look into whether I can bring criminal charges against him with regard to the stealing of my inheritance. I'm not sure that's possible at this point, but I guess it's better to try than not to and wonder whether I could have done something. The whole situation really galls me. I can't seem to find a job, I'm running out of money, and he's traveling in Italy with the woman he was cheating on me with. It hurts so much to have been treated this way.

So...hopefully something positive will come out of taking these steps. I don't have my hopes up, though. I'm afraid that because our divorce was finalized more than one year ago, the window of opportunity to contest anything has closed.

Ugh. Enjoy your good days this week.