View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Ayers

Wednesday morning

Hi , all. That statement of Dee's is worth becoming a motto.

Sunday was so good - that puppy was just darling - I took a whole hamper for him and for her daughter's visiting Labradoodle . See, I'm a good aunt . Actually just currying favour to be top of the list in case she needs a puppy-sitter

Really got stuck into gardening these last few days , from early morning till last light of day. This is so good for me - physically and mentally. Gardening is my Prozac.

Hub had last appointment with doctors and his sling is off !! Jayyy!!

Sunday lunch at SIL's house was once again one of those instances where I marvelled at how totally ok I was with not drinking and not even having a fleeting moment of sad nostalgia , missing the drink.
In fact , I felt relieved not to have to drink wine, and was even more glad when we got home and my hub said he felt horrible after the whole day guzzling wine. I remembered so well how that felt.

I often have to take a moment and think about this. How I never ever thought I would be able to go even one day without my wine. I am just so, so grateful - so very grateful that those binding chains have been cut.My life is much fuller now, filled with good stuff, and I will never stop being thankful for that.