Thread: Oh Well Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Up and atom, nuclear girl!
No idea where that levity came from, but I thought I'd share.

Meeting last night was about step 2. The guy said it took him 14 years (!) to get that. Dang. I settled on "Came to believe," and am fine with Fr Martin's chalk talk that breaks this down into showing up and being open-minded. I have some trouble with the "restore us to sanity" bit because like the "lives had become unmanageable," both phrases implicitly say I've got something in my past to retrieve. That's ok - this is where the "suggested" part comes in. And to paraphrase, I think this is the proper use of suggestion. The words don't have to describe my precise situation; I can take the gist of it and work with that. Anyhow, I was uncomfortable - sweaty and just generally feeling blech, so I left the moment the meeting was finished - skipping the Lord's Prayer. I feel a bit "bad" about that, but I think maybe that feeling is a remnant of Catholic guilt. Maybe.

I believe I'm done writing my 4th step.

Physically: headache, right thigh is sore this time.
Mentally: unprepared for this day - but I've got time so pick up the scattered pieces as I drive to therapy
Emotionally: (this is always the hardest one for me to identify) satisfied, determined with a sprinkling of jaw-clenching mixed in

7 weeks in the bag.