View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rose335

Thank you Opi..

Rusty! So good of Courage to preserve your post for us. I've had one of those in my time!! They used to be given routinely when you were about to give birth. Be grateful you are not about to give birth.....

Hev - that's a bit mean. Was looking forward to that bread. Diet, or should I say sensible eating regime, starting here today too (in theory).

Numblady - I can imagine it was really refreshing to talk to someone about the reality of being sober. I don't really get that chance. In fact I mostly feel rather obliged to keep quiet about it.

Mags - hope that headache has finally gone.

Least - 3 and a half years. Well that just indicates a thoughtful attitude to friendship!

Grateful for a cup of tea this morning. Really poor night's sleep last night so I'm a bit exhausted and that's even before I hit the toddler swimming class.
Thankful to have shored up my motivation - not that it is particularly on the wane - through reading a lot of previous posts on SR this weekend. I had some time to spare so I read a number of different threads. Obviously we're all here because of our addiction to alcohol but some people have fought rather more spectacular battles than I've had to and I salute them.
Grateful for a very nice stroll through the park yesterday. Unfortunately no sunflowers but I did see one or two giant poppies.

Wishing us all a good week.