View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Erza

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Can you ask yourself, what did you hope would happen when you agreed to meet with him to “discuss things”?

Nothing constructive is going to come from letting him mess with your head and heart anymore, right?

I knew how hard it can be to accept who and what he has become. But the more you fool yourself the more he can manipulate you.

He is not going to suddenly become fair or responsible. Protect your child and yourself, yes?

Yes. I know all of this. And I feel stupid for thinking otherwise. He has gotten in my head. He basically binge drinks, nights out every weekend. Can't go a weekend without drinking. Used to drink during the day at work a while back, but has only been a few times a month, mostly every weekend. He will tell he isn't going to drink, ends up drinking and blocking my calls. All the lies.

Then proceeds to tell me that it is normal. He is just having fun on the weekend, and that I am not allowing him to enjoy anything. And I believed it. Sometimes it still crosses my mind that it is me being controlling.

But as you said. He is manipulative.

Thank you for your words.