View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Sober369

Welcome back Leo and Readyatlast!
WL, maybe it's easier for you to quit smoking because you don't get that much out of it? You said you don't really enjoy it. Maybe if you make a list of all the bad things alcohol brings to your life it will help. I have done that, and it helps me. When I get a craving, I get confused and need that as a reminder. I hate cravings, they are torture. They've gotten so short and much weaker, and that's happened pretty fast. Partly, I think, because I go straight to "NO WAY" when I first get the thought. I think of how sick I get when I drink, and how much damage it's done to my life, and I say "That is not an option." and I mean it. Hugs to you! It really does get easier, if you work at it.
One of the ideas I read about that helps me a lot is to imagine an upside-down triangle with sobriety at the tip of the triangle and everything else balanced on it. Everything depends on that sobriety at the tip of the triangle, and if it goes, everything else falls with it.
Bob, have a great trip. I hope your mom loves her new home and new friends in the assisted living center. It can be a great way for an older person to live.
Hang in there Quit and Readyatlast! We are all pulling for you!
Thanks Wildflower for your post, I needed that reminder this morning! It's been a tough week and shows no promise of getting any easier. I need to really double down on using all my tools. I'm going to get on the sober bus!
The book is a disappointment so far. She talks a lot about her drinking and very little about how she went about staying sober. It may get better soon, though, so I'm still reading it, for now.
I'd best get at it... Have a great day everyone!