Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Briansy

This week has been pretty solid in terms of temptation. I did get the remnants of triggers associated with the conditions I described - on my own in my flat, no accountability etc. but I was more in the zone of observing it than acting on it. I saw that more as an opportunity to rewire the response rather than a genuine craving.

Day 25 for me today and I haven't gambled in that time too. Easily the longest time without a bet in about 7 or 8 years and, funnily, once I decided to do it, it has barely entered my head. As I mentioned to someone in a PM, I feel that this has really kept this go at sobriety much more secure than previously. That emotional volatility that comes with winning and losing and the messing about with the reward system in the brain. Absolute recipe for disaster. I also got off instagram which means that the only social media account I currently hold is twitter and I really only use that as a news feed. All change!

Managed to stay active when at home in Ireland and am eating well this week. Weight is coming down and am looking better. Also sleeping better. It's a beautiful day here in London and feeling happy with progress.