View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FionnaPerSe

Same thing happened to me- and we were getting married in few months. Once I asked him to quit drinking, he suddenly said he lost ALL feelings for me and has now cut all the contact too. Which was also shocking as I didnt expect 180degrees change like that. But as Dandylion says here, they see us as enemies the minute we dont support their addictive behavior anymore. He saw me as some sort of traitor I would say. Even if I tried to explain that me staying in such situation with him as his partner would be ANYTHING BUT love. But he doesnt see it in that way.
I am still partially in shock for the change of his behavior towards me tho. But with slowly picking up the pieces of a broken heart, I keep on thinking how I couldn’t have done anything better for him than to NOT support him in something which doesnt make any sense to support. And if that makes me an enemy, I am ready to be one alright! Hang in there my friend! I totally know its not easy but we will somehow survive and come out stronger as a result! At least I truly hope so! 👋