View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Erza, so sorry you are in this rough time. Just know it won't always be like this.

For right now, you may want to contact a lawyer? You really do need to know your legal rights and although it doesn't sound like your AH is going to be lining up right now for visitation with your child, you want to be on firm ground also with child support.

You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it.

It sounds like what he REALLY wants is to drink, or at least he is not in a position right now where he can quit. You can't be a responsible partner and/or parent if you are drunk all the time. I'm sure he's torn but that drug is a huge pull and he is not ready/able to quit right now so rather than sit in misery and watch everyone be miserable, he left.

It hurts! I'm sorry your hurting but other than going to see a lawyer, I would leave it alone perhaps. You need time to heal and think about what you really want. Were you at all happy with him?

You may want to check out Al-Anon meetings for extra support. Post here as often as you like, lots of support and help here for you as well.