View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SurvivorK

thank you... btw I did experience withdrawal systems with one bad night...

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
You were sober for six years and you have only drank twice this year? IMO that's pretty good. Not saying it is what you should settle for but I see folks here who manage just a few days of sobriety and go out on a bender over and over again.

Again I am not trying to minimize your problems. Becoming an empty nester after raising your children is very stressful. We are two years away from that point in time and I see the stress of this event on our horizon too.

But at least your brain is not soaked with alcohol and you probably are not experiencing any physical withdrawal symptoms.

Sobriety is within your reach and I am cheering for your success. My concern is that you will succeed and stop posting for the rest of us.
Thank you for cheering me on, and you are right I need to continue to post for everyone. It's surprising, but one bad night of drinking had my mind soaked with anxiety and withdrawal for days after.. a great reminder why I do not want to do it again. So hard to get these 11 days. Not worth going back. I pray you are doing well ...