Thread: Newby
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
yooper01

Newby

Hello. I'm just getting started reading the information provided by this site. My son became addicted to oxy then to heroin at 16 yrs old. I had him in 5-6 rehabs during those yrs. He was thrown out of them all. My son was finally given Federal prison time in about 2008. he got out in 2011. Things went well for a few yrs. He then started drinking and hanging with the wrong crowd. I refused to have him live with me due to the lies, stealing drug/alcohol use. His last 3 girlfriends were meth users. About 10 days ago he went to a race/concert to camp out with his friends. He didn't even make it in the gate. He's currently sitting in jail 2 hours drive away from me.His charges are: Poss meth, Poss unlawful prescriptions, Poss THC, 2 counts drug para. My son is now 35 yrs old. I have been dealing with his addictions for 20 yrs. He is currently asking me for bail money which is 3 grand. 10% of 30 grand. I refused. I figure he cannot use while locked up. He has now tried to commit suicide in the jail twice. Another reason for him to stay locked up. They can watch him 24/7. He has now started to call his sister for bond money. His dad is a drug user also and we divorced over his use in 2012. I am fearful he'll talk someone into bailing him out. There is always that guilty feeling of not being able to help them. They sure know how to throw that back in your face. He now has his room mate putting the guilt on me. I'm hoping he doesn't bail him at this point. I know the court process will take a good yr to complete. It's really hard to turn my mind off to his dilemma.