View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hanna

My husband and I are going to an al-anon meeting tonight at his request.

He has hardly heard from SS and not at all from SS's mother. I have not reached out to him but I know my Mom has been in touch. They have a really special connection.

Hi Mother enrolled him in the school in her district - it's academically the worst option but it's small and rural and I think that will be better for him than the large school in our district that refused him when she tried to enroll last week.

Husband hasn't even contacted the school - that's so far away from our normal that it's really bizarre, but at the moment seems like it may be the right decision.

Husband has let him know he's here but also that he's not taking any nonsense; he will be here when SS is ready to re-engage. It's so strange. Just a few weeks ago we were visiting colleges and excited about his future. It's like the whole world just changed in an instant.

I learned something that I never knew that seems significant to me. When she left my husband 9 years ago, she also left her son behind, but took the dog. She said she was going to get everything ready. That was a piece of the puzzle I didn't have.