View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Fusion

No, Lucinda, I can assure you, the honour is mine, in reading and witnessing your progress. I planned to take a short break from SR, but threads such as yours, are reason to check-in daily. I’m thrilled at how well you’re doing, in what could’ve been, testing circumstances.

MesaMan is right, sobriety is mental, what else can it be? It’s a mindset, nobody else raises that glass to the lips, but us. The AV will always champion alcohol consumption for any excuse, happy, sad, bored, ad infinitum (despite the fact that to drink is tragically wrong for me). Fortunately, the AV has no power over my physical body: it’s just a thought, a compulsion, a habit (dressed up as an addiction) and as such, can be ignored and not enacted. My hands are fully under the control of my higher executive functioning brain: not my base desire/urge/craving lower brain.

Lucinda, I do hope you sleep well tonight and wake up bright eyed, fully compus mentis tomorrow, which is a human’s birthright. Optimal functioning!