Old 09-08-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
johntrevy

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
I had a wonderful time today that I've posted about in other places here, so I won't get into it. I am tired, sore, and feeling very accomplished. Friends wanted to go to a brewery after the race to eat; I resolutely said no. They could have gone without me and I wouldn't have minded, but I was not stepping foot inside a brewery. They decided to change plans and we went to a different restaurant to get burgers. I didn't care about being selfish in that decision. If they felt obligated to change their decision because of me, that's not my problem. They didn't have to.

Mr. Man Friend came over again tonight and we watched Insidious, which wasn't as good as everyone seemed to say it was when it came out. I suppose the horror genre has really developed over the years so I've been spoiled by movies like Hereditary and The Witch. Things are still moving slowly, and I have to make sure I don't get impatient. This is the way it's supposed to go, and I need to chill out. So far still good.

I just wanted to check in tonight and do a little additional reflecting before bed. i'm doing well. Really well, in fact. It's days like these that I know all of this is worth it.

Tomorrow, zoo. Hopefully I'm not too sore. Might start the day with a lil yoga to stretch out all the muscles.
Well done for sticking to your guns regarding the brewery. Do your friends know that you and the drink have parted company?