Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
dpac414

Agree with both August and O.

What are are you going to do when you get back to your old routine and life? To be completely honest, I couldn’t spend a lot of time alone in my apartment, because that’s where I drank. I couldn’t play video games, watch tv, cook dinner, etc because they were triggering. So I made plans around it. I kept myself out of those situations - and unfortunately out of my *home* - until I had worked on recovery enough to slowly add things back in. I still don’t really cook for myself because it’s a trigger. So however long I have to eat frozen or takeout meals, so be it. It’s better than drinking. These are the lengths I had to go to in order to stay sober. In the grand scheme of everything, it wasn’t much.

This stuff has to go hand in hand with a program of recovery. Because if you don’t work at that, it’s the like the bell jar. No matter where you go, you’re still in your own sour air.

I know you have it in you. You had made a list after your last relapse. Add to it. Bolster it with more than you think you need. Take any and all advice given by the many people here who’ve been through it all. Work on yourself. You can do it, I know it. As always, I’m rooting for you.