Old 09-06-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Originally Posted by Femaleinflorida View Post
My 9 year old daughter is usually sweet and so fun to be with. Love her to pieces but she had been a smartalic brat lately!!!!! I recently found out that she is very upset about my ex being engaged to a women she doesn't like. I think that had something to do with it. Anyways, it drives me up the wall and all I want is to have a couple drinks and ignore her. Doing my best to not argue back but she is very argumentive and won't even stay in her room when I send her as punishment. I know it's time limited and she and I will feel better and move on but my Lord!!!!! Hate this!!!!
I’m going through some similar stuff with my 12 y/o daughter. And it’s tough, but what’s more interesting to me is what you’re doing about your recovery? If you have a 9 y/o girl in the house, you probably shouldn’t be drinking most of a 12 pack huh? She doesn’t deserve to be around a drunk mom. My kids saw me drunk a handful of times and it really ripped my heart out the way it affected them. I hope you can commit to some change. Downloading material is a good start but it probably won’t be enough.