Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Healingbegins…...Is it possible that you have not read "Co-dependent No More".....because I know you have been here for a long time...and, it is the most recommended book on this forum...lol...
If you haven't, I really, really, recommend that you read it, now. If you have already read it--this would be a god time to read it again.....
I think it will help you, and it is an easy read.
I hope you live near a city....if there are any alanon meetings around your location...begin going. You need the ongoing support....it can carry you through the times of your self doubt.
A counselor will also help you with your own issues (we all have issues!)…

The feeling of guilt (false guilt) is soo common...…
No reason to fight it when you get this feeling. Let the feeling come....and let it go on past you.
Imagine you are like a mountain...and the fog comes and surrounds the mountain top--temporarily--then, floats away.....
Your feeling will work like that , if you will let it.
Just because you feel it--doesn't mean that you have done anything wrong....and, doesn't mean that you should reverse your decision. Feelings are real, sure, but, they are just feelings---not necessarily fact.
When you feel this feeling---repeat to yourself that you have nothing to feel guilty about---counteracting this self talk. if you do it consistently enough, will help you get this "guilt monkey" off your back.....

You have worked too hard to get w here you are, now, don't let self sabotage trip you up......