Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Briansy

Well, day 19 which is enough time to have reached an even keel. I've been at home in Ireland for the last 2 weeks and so in a "safe zone" where drinking wasn't an option, not that I wanted to do it anyway. But the drinking dreams have stopped and I have only been thinking about it to the extent that it's an ever present part of life in the world we live in. Although far less present than I would have given it credit for when I was drinking!

I have a wedding tomorrow which doesn't concern me but what I really need to be on my guard for is next week, when I am back to work after my break at home, back to my apartment which I live in alone and noone to report to or able to see what I'm up to. I have absolutely no desire to drink and my last day of drinking is still reasonably vivid in my mind (as I have kept it that way), but it would be silly not to acknowledge that I am entering a precarious period where I need to remain vigilant!

Anyway, all good otherwise. Feeling good, sleeping well and feeling rested. I need to get back focusing on doing some proper work next week and keep on full throttle until the Christmas break. I will then have 3 weeks to relax and hopefully feel good about the productivity achieved in that time. As opposed to stressed out of my brain as I've not made the kind of money for my company that I need to be to keep things ticking along nicely.