View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
trailmix

You're right, they might. He is a doctor, he has some idea about anxiety. That's not the point though.

If you are feeling overwhelmed, at least you have an out.

You are building this so far up in your mind you are sabotaging yourself. You're not going to court.

My point is, don't make this out to be something it's not, like you will be in lock down, you won't. Looking at this from a different perspective can help, what you have done so far is not working, time for a new way to view this. Your mind is working overtime to make you believe you are off to work on the chain gang and will be forced to do things you don't want to do and that is just not true. It's just not.

I think it's important to do a reality check here. I'm not saying you don't know this but if you work on it bit by bit, the reality of going to see him, that might help.

If not, the other approach is to stop thinking about it altogether. Just know you need to get a cab at X time on X day and go there, numb it out of your mind.

This gastroentomologist is very good. And I'm sure he'll want all kinds of tests, he's very thorough. And I know he's going to find some serious things. Absolutely no doubt my gallbladder is a mess and I'm pretty sure I have liver disease.
You're guessing. Again, building this up in your mind. At least you can get some facts instead of sitting there night after night worrying. That's kind of hell, going to talk to the man can't be worse than that?