Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Schne

I’m sorry for what brings you here. I strongly advise to still have your plan in place. I’ve just lived through it with my EXABF.
He went into a 3 month rehab, began drinking within 2 hours of coming home, after 91 days of sobriety. He promised to continue a recovery program if he could come home. But he broke that promise and blamed me for “the crappy rehab he went to”.
He did a 5 day detox after being Baker Acted to psych hospital. Again, promised to work his recovery program which he had in hand if he could come home. He began drinking 2 days post discharge.
Not even a month out of detox I had to call police for domestic battery when he was in a drunken rage.
I have packed his belongings and placed them in my garage, he is not allowed back, no matter what he promises. Unfortunately his actions showed his intentions more so than any words ever did.
Doesn’t mean I don’t love him, doesn’t mean there isn’t a great guy under all the pain addiction causes, it just means I need to get out of his way for him to work on his issues, if he so chooses to do so, without having to promise me anything.