View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Teehee

All is well for the moment

I'm riding the calm before what is sure to be the next storm -- whenever that will be.

Meanwhile, I'm building community in my new town. The past two weekends I've attended a church (met folks who may be a valuable resource to finding a job), joined the women's study/journal group, been to Al-Anon 2x, met with my advocate 2x, and have an appointment with a therapist who specializes in DV tomorrow morning. I am happy to say I will not have to use my insurance, which was a worry that my husband would find out via insurance use. Because the therapy sessions are free to those living in a DV situation through the advocacy center there is not need to use insurance. Right now, my goal is to not isolate myself as I would have in my past.

Again, right now things are great though I know the good times can turn on a dime without warning. I've seen and heard the remorse, but until I see actual change it means nothing -- words are just words when there's no action behind them. He is attending AA again and I'm glad for that because things are always better when he goes regularly.

The time I've spent with my advocate has been productive. She did let me know that verbal abuse often escalates to physical abuse because when the used tactics for control no longer work they have to up the ante to get the desired result. What is truly disturbing is that 1 in 4 live in some type of DV situation. What a sad commentary.

And there is my update. I am well and doing things to make sure I stay well.