View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Milano58

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Milano.....As I understand it, mirroring is a feature of all of us, from birth on, and is considered to be an adaptive response, in addition to a learning response, for humans....and, we all do it, although we are not aware of it...especially, in the more subtle forms....It is considered a necessary thing for facilitating social interactions....
I seem to remember reading, somewhere, that we have mirror neurons in our brain....so, we come wired, that way.

Perhaps, in your ex's case, if he is trying to parent...he would naturally copy the person who is a good example---you. Even if he criticized you at other times, for your parenting---I would take that as, probably. an example of his alcoholic need to throw shade on to you to take the spotlight off of himself....
different motives at different times.....
LOl...at least, this would be my take on the behavior that you describe....

At least...that would imply (to me) that he admires you.....
Not all people get that much from their ex....lol....

LOL....a word of caution---If you ever decide to make a top selling musical album...and mirror a popular musician because you admire them---don't do it...because they will sue your backside off!
When mirroring goes bad.

Yeah my mum keeps telling me to get out of his head. I'll never understand. Sometimes it's helpful to know what's coming down the crazy tracks.

Don't worry, I can't sing, their music would be unrecognisable.
​​​
​​​