View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
pdm22

Regarding the pills, it reminds me of this situation I had in this group home program I used to work in a while back.

At each shift, the staff coming on would have to count the controlled substances, and if the numbers didn’t add up, it’s an incident report, and there has to be an investigation into what happened. The pills are usually in a sheet, that are popped out individually by the client when then take they take it, and the staff is responsible for signing off, and writing down the correct amount of pills left.

Well we had these 2 shady staff that were hired around the same time, and all of a sudden, there’d be issues with controlled meds disappearing. Also, I remember we had this one client who never, ever asked for them (he had benzos prescribed “as needed”, but never took them- and I would work by myself for 12 hours at a time, so I knew my clients patterns and habits quite well), but these 2 started working there, and all of a sudden on their shifts, his controlled meds were signed off on as if he took one, when they were taking them themselves.

Sometimes a pill would flat out be gone, and we had some directors there at the time that covered things up instead of dealing with the staff issues, and I remember one guy came in and said the pills were falling in the cabinet.

But here’s the thing, it was never the colace or something else like that was disappearing or supposedly being found on the ground, it was always the Ativan or the klonopin.

The pills being blamed on the brother reminded me of that. Notice it’s not a bottle of Advil or some Allegra D that you saw, that he was supposedly going to bring to his brother, notice how it’s opioids.

The stuff is in the house because it’s his- and I also think (as was mentioned earlier) whatever you are actually seeing is just the tip of the iceberg- lord knows how bad it really is. I lived with some one like this once and to this day I still don’t fully know what the full extent of it was - sometimes the signs you get, or your instincts, are all you have to go on, but it’s usually much worse because so much of it is being covered up, and people can get very good at that.