View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

oddsunflower…..good for you on making it to the meeting. Just keep making the baby steps...one foot in front of the other...while, always FACING FORWARD...…
You CAN and will change your circumstances.....
Quote: "How does a jug fill with water?----one tiny drop of water at a time!"

***I raised three kids, mostly, as a single parent....and, I worked full time...so, it was important that the whole family pitch in to keep the household running.
I didn't have too much trouble with them doing their responsibilities. Admittedly, they were quite young, when it started. They are adults, now...and they all are good at being able to run a household...including cooking meals, etc. Two boys, one girl.
This is what I suggest....Make a list of reasonable responsibilities or chores...for each one...including yourself and your husband. Post them on the refridgerator.
Don't nag and argue with them about it. One reminder, at most.
have a simple method of "reqards" in mind. It can be anything that they look forward to. It can be as simple as a star sticker at the end of the week for chores well done.
My big one was allowance, on Friday. If chores were not don...no allowance given until hey were. Could get it "early" on Thursday night....if chores were done on time and carefully.
See where this is going?....the point is--don't turn into a "Nag"....let rewards be their incentive.
Lots of "thank you" and "job well done!" goes a long way....(wink)….