Thread: Please Help...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober13

By all means, get the answers from a psychiatrist or your prescriber. I was on Xanax for at least 5 years. I was prescribed 2mg per day plus 1mg extended release at night. I would often take more than indicated to combat the rebound anxiety I'd have with the short acting nature of Xanax. I started drinking to deal with the anxiety and you know how that goes!

I ended up going to an outpatient rehab (IOP) and they wanted me off benzos asap. They put me on gabapentin for a short while and also gave me trazadone for sleep. They switched me over to valium and tapered me over the course of 2 weeks...which is a short time after 5 plus years. I just felt like I had the flu and was detached from reality for a while. I drank a lot of water, took Tylenol for the pains, took a lot of showers and over the course of 30 days or so started to feel better physically.

Disclaimer...NOT a doctor, but I'd think the adderal would increase your anxiety given that it is a stimulant. Could be counterproductive during your wean? Maybe ask about drugs like Stratera which are non-stimulant adhd meds.

I hope it goes well and I hope you are feeling better soon.