View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zevin

You are ONLY 59....you have lots of life left and it can be great!
You have made INCREDIBLE progress since your last posts. I think back then you weren't able to call Dr. for help. That's a huge improvement!
I agree with Trailmix on asking a Dr. at the psychiatric places for something to help you with your extreme phobias, just so you CAN see a GP for a referral to a gastro Dr.
Also, did you tell the gastro receptionist that you ARE already their patient, since you have seen him before?

Gallbladder disease can sometimes be treated fairly easy (Cut out ALL fatty, rich food to start with) and a simple bloodtest would show liver problems.
If you have a liver problem, drinking will certainly not help --so take that option OFF the table.

If the psych place asks if your suicidal, I would tell them that you see no reason to live, you feel hopeless and alone. That IS the truth and should perk up their ears.

You do have a solution to all of this and you've made major changes in your life. The new job, you've been sober for a year and you have seen a psych Dr. twice.
Keep it up!!!