View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
daveycrockett

I'm not really sure if I need a referral or not because I can't actually talk to a person. All I get is answering machines. I leave messages, I've left a hundred messages and I do not get even one call back.

I don't have a GP anymore and I have called a bunch of them and it's going to take at least several months to get an appointment. I did get a call back from the gastroenterologist I did see and made an appointment for September 26th. I had to beg her and she asked the doctor. I'll go to that if I don't die first. Having Medicare and being my age is a huge hindrance to finding help especially with a psychiatrist. In the past I told the truth on the phone and they just said, oh we don't want to be bothered with helping you because it's too much work for us. So I think you should just suffer and die is basically what they're telling me.

There's a walk-in right down the corner from me I can walk there, only a few hundred yards. actually sat in the parking lot a few times thinking about going in but I couldn't make myself do that. I've been to Butler and Kent psychiatric units and they just let me go home because I was not suicidal.

I will have to think long and hard about even considering taking any drugs ever again. SSRI drugs totally destroyed my life. They are responsible and the medical field is too I know people don't believe me saying this but it is the truth. My entire life up until age 53 I had perfect credit I was actually OCD about paying my bills I had to pay them immediately. After being on SSRI's for just a few months I went on spending sprees and my 800 plus credit rating crashed and I have the worst credit possible now.

Last edited by daveycrockett; 08-24-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Mistake