Old 08-24-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DiggingForFire

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
A friend of mine is a divorce lawyer. She said to me once that it could be incredibly frustrating to practice family law, because the field was riddled with people who decided to go into it because either 1) that's where the demand is and/or 2) they were no good at anything else.

It's funny - I'm just about to attend a birthday party for another friend of mine who is a lawyer. We've been friends for years, and I know now to prepare myself for a day of lively debate amongst people who love nothing more than to argue, argue, argue. It's not my modus operandi, but it's actually kind of fun to pose questions to see what happens. It's like spinning multiple tops at once.
haha. I am a lawyer (not family law) and I would never date a lawyer. I feel like for the most part the women are cool (circumstantially most of my friends are lawyers), but I feel like most of the dudes don’t know how to shut that part off.

Immigration law is the other area that doesn’t always draw superstars. If you are bad enough at your job, you client gets deported. Not a whole lot of accountability.