View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey Sass

Muscle is your friend! I can't remember how old you are, but if you haven't gone through menopause yet do everything you can to maintain that muscle. I am blown away by the muscle loss over the last 2 years....and I'm fit. I've never been a 'muscular' person but I still can't believe how I simply seem unable to build muscle now. The other thing that I'm realizing is over use. I was one of those people that had boundless energy...and I'd be active sometimes many hours a day. The gym, walking, hiking, hot yoga, house work , yard work...hours and I might be bit sore, but I could deal. Now? Not so much. I mean, comparatively I'm doing great. But muscle is your friend. Muscle wasting diets (diets where you drop weight fast) and too much cardio...not your friend.

Anywho, I know what I need to do. And I have had to very much 'adjust' how I do things. I have really done that with fitness. Now it's time to kick that sugar completely to the curb. Of course I've been saying that for 2 years. So progress not perfection.

I am definitely one of those people that simply can't eat much. And I don't seem to need to. Its hard tho at times. But the body image issues and how they affect my contentment (and my abstinence) are almost overwhelming so its better for me to handle those off line.

Good luck to all you guys! See ya on other threads