View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
venuscat

Hello lovely Julyers.....I missed you.
I know, it was just the day that I wasn't on SR....after the morning yesterday.....but it felt like longer. I have been whining about sore eyes and feeling horrendous all week....I was getting worried about myself....wondering if I was creating drama because I start college next week....I was upset with myself. However, low and behold I was just sick. A knock-out bug. Man that was bad.

At almost 5 years sober I still do not recognise when I am sick. I just felt guilty all week, said to my husband over and over that I felt as if I was doing everything wrong....said it here as well....

The shadows are still there.....over 20 years of drinking and being so so ill every morning....making terrible mistakes at work because I was so hungover, if I even turned up at all.....

I feel like this was a major blessing this week. A reminder to treat myself with more love and kindness, because I am not that person anymore.

Plus, it is just so good to wake up today and feel the icky bug has left the building. Yey.

(((Leo)))

I am a big AA person, but I still don't think you lose the days, as Charon said. Not at all. As long as you make last night the lesson it was, that is. s

Amazing huh.....from sober to a six pack not being enough....we have no off switch. s