View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Charon

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
Hi classmates - so I got too confident I guess and for some reason bought groceries yesterday and grabbed a six pack. I had it all and 4 more which made me feel like total crap today and so hungover. It is such a sobering experience to lose all those days i built up. But I'm going to be positive about this and be thankful I'm here for my new Day #1. I feel bad for letting myself down and you guys as well. This thing sucks!
I don't think any relapse can take away days spent sober. If I was sober for 364 days and drank 1 I still had 364 days sober. I do not buy that AA crap that you start over from day 1. Nonsense.

And don't beat yourself up. That can just give you an excuse to continue drinking. Keep in mind all the sober days, how good it felt, how bad the day after feels. What you did once, you can do again - and longer.

Morning.

Had a great SMART F2F last night. feeling good. Sunny day so I'll get some outside work done. Hope to take a bicycle ride around the neighborhood.

My cousin may or may not be visiting this weekend. His wife's mother is ill.

Also, I'm trying to decide on whether or not to pay for and go on an excursion that might be fun but not up to what I really would like. I have to decide no later than tomorrow. Guess I'll try a SMART tool - Cost Benifit Analysis and see what that tells me.

Wishing you all a safe, fun filled, happy and sober weekend.