View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
KinseyMillhone

Checking in before my beginning my long drive home. Said good-bye to my son last night- it's great to see him happy and excited for the future.

Leo- glad to see you back. It's what we all fight, and so can all understand. Keep coming back, keep making a plan.

Welcome, Sisi! Hope you are doing well today!

Glad to see you back, Back! Great job spending a holiday sober. So many bottles of wine you have not drank!

I've been going to the vacation same destination for the past few years. I was sober on the first two vacations and not on the last one. The sober vacations were beautiful, renewing and relaxing. I soaked up everything and have so many memories! On the last trip I was tired and bored. What I remember was not that fun. What a difference sobriety makes!

I agree with Dee (of course). Alcohol doesn't work today, tomorrow, next week, next year. It's available to help me lose everything anytime I chose.

It's been much easier to abstain without having someone constantly drinking next to me this week, but it wasn't a walk in the park, either. Luckily, it's very clear that I need to be sober to set an example and provide support for my youngest son.

Hope everyone has a great sober day! Love and strength to you!