View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
I would rather weigh more and be strong like you Sass. I have found that when I was heavier I thought life would be so much better if I was thinner. It is no better. Don't get me wrong , life is good, but it has nothing to do with what the scale says. It kind of led to more problems. Obsessing about not gaining a single pound back.
That’s kinda been my experience too. I’m 5’4 and weigh 121 lbs. At my worst before I quit drinking I was over 175 lbs. (my weight has always kinda fluctuated but being that overweight was not “normal” for me).

I didn’t go on any specific diet regimen, lost a lot just from eliminating drunken gluttony.. then slowly but surely started making other changes.

I could still lose maybe another 5 pounds at most but for the most part I’m at my ideal weight. Sure I like the compliments and the way I feel about myself but can’t say I don’t miss the days where I could eat a piece of cake without feeling guilty (which I still do, just not very often) and not feel like I have to weigh myself every single day.

For me to get too in depth with the calories and fats and all that is almost dangerous territory for me so for the most part I just try to eat when I’m hungry, stop when I’m full, and not eat anything highly processed or filled with sugar. Still haven’t eliminated artificial sweeteners though (mostly just diet soda and french toast with sugar free maple syrup, which has sadly become somewhat of a staple meal).