View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Lucinda2

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Lucinda2 ~

Thank you for the forthright Post above. It's a compelling message for so many.

I hang out in what I call 'The SoberSphere'. Among the Recovered. At RV Parks. Dog Parks. Select Social settings. From that larger Demographic, I have a firm sense of there being so many, like you, who up and made their own Life-changing decisions re: no further use of Alcohol/Drugs. There's a bunch of us!

Thank you for the positive message.
Thank you MesaMan.

I like that - ‘ The SoberSphere’. Very good and apt. I guess we are a hidden army. Not visible and only on rare occasion alluding to a life led before different to the one we live now. Your extrapolation from the dog park to wider society made me smile.

I only applied that life changing decision to drugs because I never was much of a drinker . That crept in much later and many years after quitting heroin/crack. I was baffled by my seeming inability to stay stopped with alcohol of late. I thought it might be because alcohol is everywhere but reading this thread made me realise that wasn’t it. The rub was that the ‘Life-changing’ decision had never truly made around alcohol and the promise to self was missing. So now a new decision, a commitment to protect that decision and peace.

See you in the dog park!