Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
August252015

Briansy, I've been following this thread and hesitated to pipe up since you didn't like my last few comments on those others threads.

Quickly- it's great that you wrote out and faced the literal stuff you did and drank.
I hear a bit of the "test" mentality that a couple of us mentioned to you before. Keeping negative reminders or continuing a prevent/pass-fail/etc mindset is looking back - not deciding what you will do now.

You have to be sober more than you want to drink, and a piece of paper describing insane behavior or near death doesn't always have the power we want it to.

You were big into Annie Grace and such - what can you apply from that study NOW? What else will you do? My point is that we have to be proactive- ie a plan for not drinking, from now on- not "retro" active by burning holes in paper stories of how we nearly lost it all.

If you do find that holding onto the story and reading it helps you - even if you don't try AA- the stories of real people in the BB might be of great value to you as they will undoubtedly ring true in plenty of ways.

Best to you.