Old 08-20-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Dropsie

Yeah Tats -- magic 7.

Great post MesaM.

I am totally addicted to self sabatoge, but I am not a perfectionist (although the people who work for me may differ).

But I truly find ways to self sabatoge that boggle the mind -- these days especially around money and work. It truly is as cunning as my addiction to alcohol, proably even more so because it is harder to see and harder to solve (for me).

I know it relates to fear and feelings of being inadequate that I bonded to at an early age, but how to stop it is much more difficult because once I fix one area another pops out. It is indeed a moving feast.

The best I can do is to keep doing the next right thing no matter how difficult that is (and sometimes it is REALLY difficult). I also find that to extent I can trust the universe and accept its energy, it really helps. Having faith that it will all be all right in the end, and ifs not OK its not the end, is so important (but not easy).

There is a wonderful book called Why We Suffer that I think everyone should read.

So Tats, you are not alone. But stopping drinking allowed me to realize what I was doing and to go a long way to fixing it.