View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forester

I just stopped. It had reached a point where I thought strongly about how drinking was making me feel. Sure it tastes good at first, but the reality was I wasn't even enjoying it after that. It lead to feelings of insecurity and doubt that I would just drown with more alcohol. Followed by days feeling like crap and chasing the escape. There was no part of it that I actually enjoyed anymore.
I was drinking between 40 and 60 drinks a week. Often more, rarely less.
I'm still losing weight and feeling better all the time. I often forget that I'm still in recovery as I rarely think of alcohol anymore. But my body knows. It's gonna take a year or two to really come right. It's a long road to come back from for me now. But that's fine.
Actually on the weekend passed I had a weekend to myself, which is rare. Normally in the past I would get a case of beer and eat acid and carry on at home by myself. But I just didn't want to. The thoughts came a few times, but it wasn't convincing at all. I think I'm growing out of psychedelics as well. It just doesn't interest me anymore. I'm not sure what does interest me at the moment, but it's not getting trashy.