Old 08-19-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Fusion

Good Morning All 🤗 . Day 6. Never thought I’d say that yesterday, but all your verbal prods, pushes and pulls worked, and out I popped, into another Sober Day!

I’ve been reviewing my original thread, that began my journey. I don’t recognise myself, I showed such resolve, determination. And yes, I was a tad ‘cocky’ so sure of streadfastness. How wrong was I? Very.

Although my drinking was, then, as bad as this time, life circumstances were hugely better, then, than now. Returning to Dee’s original post in this thread, my sobriety didn’t prove to be unconditional. I allowed outside events to affect my inner world.

So, I need to develop resilience, because with this current low level of hope, I feel I don’t have another Day 1 in me, I’d just continue.......
And I’m not even sure what I mean by resilience, I think I mean the ability to take actions required, even though parts of my mind are screaming at me not to: instead to continue wallowing in self-pity and drinking, which was so enticing. If I drank again, I don’t believe I could muster the strength to ignore its siren call.

As always, a wholehearted thank you to everyone 💓