Old 08-18-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
I just feel so sad. I don’t know how to improve my life circumstances. I know I can’t change what happened, that resentments will only eat me up, so I’m fine with that, forgive, whatever.

But the future looks bleak and it’s so hard to sustain a Pollyanna type resolve, that things may get better in time. So I’m pretty at risk to the AVs WTF you might as well drink. I won’t, but how to develop resilience, in the face of adversity, when hope is dwindling? Therein lies the rub.
tatsy, i think you know how to improve life circumstances. you are taking the 1st step to doing it- stopping drinking. doing that is already a massive improvement.
i had to look up pollyanna. i woulda been screwed iffen i was sposed to be cheerful and optimistic all of the time. no way i could have felt that way early on but i had hope!even on the days it seemed there wasnt but shitpiles in my life i hoped that pile would get smaller eventually.
how to get resilience.
resilience-the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.
i hope ya dont look at the recovery to be quick but it WILL happen so long as ya work for it.
i didnt see a dam thing getting better for or in me for some time. about 2 months in a man at a meeting said,"dam,you already look better. the puffyness is gone and ya dont have that yellow tint!"
not the better i wanted(i wanted the mental mess to strighten up) but that was better.
after that i was able to start seeing the little things- i wasnt feeling suicidal every day, was able to smile now and then, laugh a couple times, accept i was a mental mess......many more. all of the small things added up over time to help.
as for the materialistic and financial side, that got better over time,too.
i
H.O.P.E.=
Hold
On
Pain
Ends