View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Alright people, it’s day 11.

Some new twists that have happened:

Yesterday I felt my resolve to avoid using food to cope weakening, work was tough. I didn’t report something important to my overall communication, it was noticed and there was backlash. It was one of those things that wasn’t crucial or major to the outcome, but it make me look stupid. Then I figured I just am stupid, and I thought about all the stupid things I do, have done, and haven’t cleared up and felt really terrible about myself for awhile. But I still didn’t go buy sugar. I just felt it for awhile.

And my weight stabilized for a bit, and i was a little swollen from going back to exercise, which meant of course that I am “fat” and I should just “give up and be fat” and give in to what I want. But I didn’t.

Then, at nighttime I felt a kind of tiredness I don’t usually feel, an all over body bone deep tiredness, and i slept very, very hard. It made me wonder if using binging to cope with life is interfering with sleep in a way that I haven’t realized, could it have something to do with the worsening mental health I felt eating poorly, vs being keto? How much does sleep have to do with all this?

The nutrition with this way of eating is lightyears better than before. When I let myself eat grains, I really just eat grains and dairy. When I change grains for vegetables, I eat so many vegetables it is probably five times what I ate before. I am never going to increase meat consumption, so vegetables it is. My new thing that I love is artichokes, I’ve been eating them daily. I do not count vegetable carbohydrates, so I guess I’m more “lowcarb” than I am “keto.” I don’t really define it I guess. It’s no sugar, and all grains have become vegetables.

Stay strong, friends.