View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tomsteve

p.s.
on that takin yer time with the 3rd step:
Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
the BB says:
Though our decision was a vital and crucial step, it could have little permanent effect unless AT ONCEfollowed by a strenuous effort to face, and to be rid of, the things in ourselves which had been blocking us. Our liquor was but a symptom. So we had to get down to causes and conditions.
it says why we get our asses in gear at once after this.
when i turned my will and life over to God i stopped trying to run the show and think i knew what was best for me.
we made a decision to continue with the rest of the steps. its very simple-w e dont sit back and wait for God to show himself. He shows Himself as we work for it.
having had a spiritual awakening as a result of the steps....

used to have detox clients brought to my HG. cant say how many times i heard,"i got to the 4th step and drank." not only from them clients-also from others. it took a while for me to realize how many times i heard it, but was cranking on my 4th when it hit me. talked to an old fart after a meeting:
"tom(another tom who became my 1st sponsor) i dont get it. i hear so many people say they got to the 4th and drank yet here i am crankin on mine. why am i crankin on it and they get drunk?"
his simple reply:
"you completed the first 3 steps."