View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Troubledone

Thanks all

I am prepared for her to do just about anything. She has the initiating paperwork for adoption and still mentions it from time to time, but she also still talks about keeping it and hasn't sent the paperwork in as far as I know. She said she did look at some of the families and flagged three of them.

I figure the best thing I can do is be crystal clear about the fact that I'm gone this winter and moving after I get back. (which is actually the plan) In the meantime, I have business trips and vacation, so even before I leave, my contact with her will be limited.

I feel very sad having to be so hard-hearted, but I don't want her making decisions based on the delusion that I'll be around. That way, if she is willing to sacrifice her freedom to keep this baby, maybe that's progress. If not, then the baby will be with an adopted family and everyone will be better off.

Of course, she may still keep the baby and not learn anything, but even in that scenario, if I'm not around, she'll have to deal with single motherhood alone but will be living in a group home with other single mothers and at least there will be staff watching.

I am counting my lucky stars that I was able to get her committed and into group housing last year, otherwise this would be a whole lot harder.

I am still praying she gives it up for adoption - but then who knows how her mind works.

Thanks all!