Old 08-14-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Femaleinflorida

Been planning to quit drinking tomorrow... for months. Can't get through day 1.

I have been a drinker for awhile. About 20 years. After my divorce about two years ago, I fell apart. I went from drinking 1-3 nights a week with friends to drinking every day, sometimes starting early in the morning. My life has gotten better, my depression has decreased, but I still keep thinking I don't really need to quit, just cut down. I was able to control my drinking in the past. I am into working out and fitness. I did a fitness challenge for 90 days where I only drank 1 Saturday per month. It went great. I want to start cutting down by only drinking on Saturday nights if I go out with friends. I keep pushing it back because every day something seems to come up where I feel I should have a few drinks and relax and start tomorrow. I know how this sounds. I just can't imagine doing total abstinence. I am thinking of committing to thirty days and going from there. I just got a new job that will keep me really busy so that will be helpful. The last year I had inconsistent work and too much time on my hands! This should really help me. I am sure of it! Any advice is appreciated.