View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FWN

Trail mix - I will tell you one reason he is not drinking right now and that is because he knows I am not open to it, but the other is that in this outpatient program they have agreed not to drink for the duration of the program. So he is three weeks into two months.
My fear is he will finish the program and ask me for “one more try” because “this is the first time he’s been serious about changing his habits with alcohol”

mango - we don’t have many options here, the al anon times don’t work with my current crazy child schedule in the summer (ha, no schedule) but I plan to try it out once they start school in September.
And yes, I’m taking this one day at a time.

Ive found that I am still hyper aware of his drinking status, as if I subconsciously worry it could change at any moment. Paying close attention to his speech, being on high alert with his drinks. Being nervous when he leaves the room to go to the garage. Hopefully this eventually goes away as we build trust. Thankfully no incidents yet, I’m pretty terrified of being blind sided because that would be such a blow to us. I neeeeeed to trust him again.