View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Troubledone

I forget how old your Niece is. My addict (her) turns 38 by the end of this year.

Although they are adults - they are of age to be adults - they look like adults - at times can act like adults - they mostly are not mentally or emotionally adults. I could write a book with examples.

It takes being closely around them for a longer period of time to understand just how immature they really are. Their logic is all messed up & makes no sense. Its extremely frustrating & baffling.

I think depending on their specific situation - it can take years of being clean & embracing recovery before their mind can start to heal & emotional growth begins again. For some the damage is too great & they may never heal.

My addict is way out there & has been for many years. She never once even admitted she has a problem. She seeks no help or recovery. She can be very immature at times. To me her life is very sad. Completely overwhelming for me.

I tried to no end to get through to her. If there was anything which was consistent about her, she consistently chose to chase her addictions.

Im sure you already know what I wrote above.

Im sorry for your situation with your Niece. Drug addiction just plain sucks.