Thread: Feeling low
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Linzey0706

Originally Posted by Troubledone View Post

Any addict not ready for active recovery will jettison a relationship if it gets in the way of the drugs - and immediately find a new person who will put up with it. That's not love, that's dependency. So, while it is very disappointing, feels like betrayal and hurts a ton - of course an addict will throw you to the wolves if you want the drugs out of the equation.

The really important thing here though, especially when feeling really down, is to realize that if you can figure out why you put up with all this, you can be free of it. Thousands of healthy women would not put up with this insanity for 10 seconds. And, there are many women who go back to this kind of bad treatment again and again and again. Which one do you want to be.
These two paragraphs resinate well with me. I have always been told that if you are in the way of the drug you will be worthless... I guess our minds like to think after 10 years of support and standing by his side that he wouldn’t choose alcohol over us... but I’m quickly learning alcohol can become his heroin.....

and the second paragraph weighs heavy on me... I’ve always wanted to be strong enough to be one of those women who doesn’t deal with it and is confident in that decision