Thread: Is AA a cult ?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Realest

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
So I just have to ask...

I went to AA for a while in the beginning of my sobriety. I agree that some members have some strong opinions, but reading this post of yours combined with all the other threads you've made in the 12 Step forum leads me to believe that you have a beef with AA.

Is that what all of this is about? Because really, I've found that holding on to this kind of resentment isn't something helpful for my sobriety.

There is a whole Secular section of Sober Recovery where they don't even allow 12 Step discussions, and the Newcomers section doesn't allow arguments over recovery methods. Maybe you would be more comfortable there. No sense beating a dead horse.
No I don’t have beef or a resentment I was in AA then I left. I didn’t leave because I didn’t like it or thought it was bad I left on my own terms. However there are some members who think they’re an authority justbecause they haven’t had a drink in years. They think they’re experts are things. And they go to meetingseveryday and if you don’t go to meetings everyday then you’re gonna drink.