Old 08-02-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, OneofYou!Congratulations on your year of sobriety! I couldn't quit both at the same time. I didn't even try. I thought I'd quit smoking at one year, and I sort of tried, but it didn't happen. I hope you can do it!

I'm currently on day 3 of no cigarettes. According to the app I'm using on my phone to keep track of time not smoking, money saved, life regained, etc, I have regained 16 hours of life now. My system is free of nicotine. Oxygen and carbon monoxide levels back to normal. My cravings were horrible yesterday, but today is much better.

Quitting smoking has been harder by far for me than quitting drinking was. I have been sober over 4 and half years, and I've tried to quit smoking several times in that time. This time is different, because I went on Chantix. It made me feel pretty bad, and gave me the most insane dreams, but I stuck with it and tapered off the smoking over the course of a month. I don't think I need to take it anymore, but I still have it if I feel like I need it. Next week I'll be on vacation far away from home and my normal routine. I'm thinking that will help immensely. I timed all of it this way on purpose. I just really really do not want to be a smoker any more. I want to be free.