Old 08-01-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
OneofYou

Here We Go!

Day 365 for sobriety and Day 1 for quitting smoking for me! I wish I'd quit both a yr ago, but, I really don't think I could've managed kicking alcohol and smokes at the same time.

It seems like those of us with addiction typically can't have just 1, we gotta go all in

I've thought smoking will be harder for me to give up, since with alcohol I clearly had a change in my state of mind that felt awful in a million ways.

Now that I have some sobriety under my belt, I feel the effects of smoking more intensely(anxiety, light-headed, mental fog) and hope this quit will stick so I can be free of all the things I know are no good for and slowly killing me.

Cheers to everyone who is working on just saying no to nicotine. I'm hear with you and hopefully, we can apply the same principles we use in staying sober to putting down the cig's for good!

I joke that now I'll really be damn boring, but, the thought of smelling again, not wheezing, and generally not being stuck on anything I know is terrible for me is really a refreshing and hopeful feeling to look forward to!

I may not have such an optimistic attitude here in a few days, but, hopefully we can all check in and keep each other going on to victory!!